Greetings Neighborhoods,Please find attached some information about the City's ongoing process for choosing an ombudsman. Here is some general information about your chances to get to know the candidates:A series of three forums, designed to allow the public to provide their comments on the candidates, will be held:
- Friday, May 29, at 5 p.m. in the Chase Gallery in the lower level of City Hall, 808 W. Spokane Falls Blvd.
- Saturday, May 30, at 10 a.m. at the West Central Community Center, 1603 N. Belt.
- Saturday, May 30, at 2 p.m. at the East Central Community Center, 500 S. Stone.The City announced the three finalists last week. They include:
- Anthony Betz, of College Station, Tex. Mr. Betz is a retired FBI agent who is currently working as an adjunct professor at Texas A&M University.
- Timothy Burns, of Visalia, Calif. Mr. Burns is a retired police officer who is now working as the Neighborhood Preservation Manager for the City ofVisalia.
- Greg Weber, of Spokane. Mr. Weber is an attorney in private practice and has previously served on the staff of the Washington State Attorney General.Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day!Respectfully,
Jonathan Mallahan | Director | 509-625-6734
City of Spokane | Neighborhood Services & Code Enforcement | SpokaneNeighborhoods.org
"You don't have to move to live in a better neighborhood."