Tuesday, December 6, 2011
All residents of the neighborhood are welcome to attend. Feel free to bring a dish or something to drink for the party.
Monday, November 28, 2011
The City of Spokane will proceed with leaf pickup in the streets of Browne’s Addition on Tuesday and Wednesday, Nov. 29 and 30, starting at 9 a.m. unless we have snow. The trucks will be on the north-south streets in Browne’s Addition on Tuesday and the east-west streets on Wednesday.Source: http://www.spokanecity.org/services/articles/?ArticleID=2621
Cars must be moved because the streets are so narrow in Browne’s Addition the trucks cannot get through with parked vehicles lining the streets. Crews will post informational signs this week notifying residents. Vehicles parked on the street when the trucks come in will be subject to towing.
Lucky for us, the streets are free of snow. Help spread the word to your neighbors so no one ends up getting their car towed.
Monday, October 24, 2011
This means you can put out just about anything except appliances.
We will be flyering the neighborhood this week to make sure everyone knows about the pickup.
Sunday, October 16, 2011
We need people to help:
- Pick up trash along Sunset Blvd.
- Weed eat along Sunset Blvd. (please bring your own weed eater)
- Blow off side walks
- Rake and bag leafs
- Pick up garbage on local streets.
- Paint? (graffiti cleanup and stair hand rails)
- Bring various outdoor games for park recreation
October 23rd at 10 AM. Meet at Steve Hart's house (215 S Canon St) for service assignment and partners.
Grilling begins at 1 PM in Coeur d'Alene Park.
On a related note, clean & green yard waste pickup will take place on Tuesday, October 25th.
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
See you there!
Monday, August 1, 2011
We will hear a debrief from David Brum about ArtFest and Marshall Powell about ElkFest. There will also be an update on the proposed STA Trolley.
If that's not enough of a reason to attend; Mary Moltke will be sharing a historical highlight. They are always interesting.
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Monday, June 27, 2011
My name is Erica Roberts and I am on the Save the MAC committee. I've spoken at a number of neighborhood council meetings about Save the MAC efforts. As you know, the MAC received state funding so the museum will remain open!
The Save the MAC committee is planning a "VIP" event for Browne's Addition residents as a way of thanking the neighborhood for their support during the Save the MAC campaign, as well as encouraging their support in the future. We are going to do a "BeGin-esque" type event...it will be on July 6th from 6-8 pm, the DaVinci exhibit will be open with tickets sold at member prices, and we are going to do an ice cream social.
Here's the info:
Who: Browne's Addition residents
What: Ice Cream Social & tour the DaVinci exhibit at a discounted price ($11 member price)
Where: MAC amphitheater
When: July 6th from 6-8 pm
Why: The MAC would like to say "thank you" to Browne's Addition residents for helping to save the MAC!
If you are on Facebook, check out the event page and help get the word out!
Friday, June 3, 2011
This is arguably the biggest weekend of the year for Browne's Addition. From ArtFest to ElkFest to the new Leonardo da Vinci exhibit at The MAC to First Friday, there is no shortage of fun things to do in the 'hood.
ArtFest once again kicks off today in Coeur d'Alene park at noon. It will run through the weekend. For more information, check out the schedule provided by The MAC.
Cannon street will be closed down between 2nd and Pacific this weekend for ElkFest. If you are new to the neighborhood (or Spokane for that matter), ElkFest is a weekend of outdoor concerts by some of the coolest local and regional bands around. The Inlander has a preview as well as a schedule of the shows online.
If all that wasn't enough to do this weekend, The Northwest Museum of Arts and Culture is premiering it's Leonardo da Vinci exhibit. It will run until September, but why not check it out while your are out and about in Browne's Addition?
It's weekends like this that make us proud to live in Browne's Addition.
Monday, May 23, 2011
The Browne's Addition Concert Series needs your help! We need to raise money to be able to pay our local bands and make the concert series happen this summer. If you want to make sure this wonderful Spokane tradition continues, please consider helping us in the following ways.
- Join us THIS THURSDAY for our annual fundraiser at nYne Bar & Bistro with Six Foot Swing, Karie Marguerite & the 76, and Swing Dance Lessons by Colleen Robinson of Lindy Town, USA! A suggested donation of $15 goes straight to the Concert Series. Buy your ticket at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/175531 or at the door.
- Can't make it? Buy a ticket anyway to support the concert series at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/175531
- Consider becoming a member or official sponsor of The Browne's Addition Concert Series! We have great packages for businesses! Please read more here: https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ARGmvteVttlrZGdkd2JnZjNfMjBqZ2tma3pndA&hl=en_US
Pass It On! Let your friends, family and neighbors know!
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
The Browne's Addition Neighborhood Council Meeting is held on the first Wednesday of each month from 6:30-8pm in the Gilkey Community Room at the MAC.
Sunday, April 24, 2011
- Put your items out by 7:00 AM
- No items over 85 lbs
- Put your housebold items in 32-gallon cans, automated carts, boxes, bags or bundles
- No blue-bin recyclable materials including batteries
- No oversized items BUT small appliances, TVs, microwaves, mattresses & box springs are OK
April 28th (Thursday) Appliance Pick Up
- Call 869-1534 by April 26th to make an appointment to have large appliances picked up.
- Items must be on the curb by 7:00 AM
- Large appliances only—take the doors off of refrigerators and freezers
- Drain the hot water tanks
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Then on Saturday we are having our yearly Neighborhood Yard Sale. There are a lot of interesting things to be found for sale by our residents; you don't want to miss it. If we're lucky the recent Winter-ish weather will be behind us and Spring will make an appearance. The yard sales generally run from 8am-3pm, but residents may set different hours. Tables can also be available for use in the parking lot of All Saints Lutheran Church.
An Easter Egg Hunt will take place in Coeur d'Alene Park on Saturday, April 23rd from 10am until Noon.
Finally, all the stuff you didn't sell during the Neighborhood Yard Sale and want to dispose of can be taken care of during the Browne's Addition Neighborhood Spring Clean Up. It takes place on April 26th. More information about the clean up will be posted soon.
Saturday, April 16, 2011
- Cannon between Riverside and Pacific (West)
- Chestnut between Pacific and 2nd (East)
- Elm between 2nd and 1st (East)
- 1st between Elm and Maple (North)
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
- Spaghetti Dinner
- Neighborhood Yard Sale
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Spring Clean Up
- Park Benches
- Traffic Circle
- Artfest & Elkfest
- Community Garden
- Summer Movie nights
- Welcome Wagon
- Neighborhood Center
Monday, January 3, 2011
There is a new council to introduce, with most of the time will spent conducting a brainstorming session to decide what projects to tackle this year. One topic that will probably get a lot of attention is the future of the MAC. Come with plenty of ideas for the group.